I am completely flattered to have been given this blog award by Kate of camelshoes fame. Thanks mate!
As a recipient of this award I must now list 10 things that make me happy, so here goes;
1. Little W. Of course. My son is my sunshine. He is absolutely amazing and has changed me in so many positive ways. And despite his current overuse of tantrums he makes smile every day without fail.
2. Also obvious but my husband Joe. I still find it amazing that I found this incredible guy and that he actually loves me as much as I love him. We’re so made for each other its not funny and I look forward to many happy years side by side.
3. Movies. I began to fall in love with movies as an angsty, lonely teen and I still enjoy discovering a really good film. I love the feeling I get from a film that speaks to me, haunts me or just blows me away. I also enjoy the setting, whether its watching an exciting premiere in a packed cinema surrounded by like-minded individuals, or cuddled up on the couch watching a blu-ray with Joe.
4.Writing. From the time in year one when our teacher would take our creative writing stories and ‘publish’ them into typed booklets we could illustrate, I have been hooked on writing. Then I wrote such classics as ‘ The Married Frog and Worm.’ Now I actually get paid to write which is awesome. Haven’t done a piece of frog/worm nuptials yet though – maybe my next pitch?
5. Magazines. I love getting a new magazine to read. When I was younger, I used to get TV Hits magazine in lieu of an allowance. Looking back, maybe my parents got the better end of that deal. But at the time I was more than happy to accept my magazine with its awesome posters of Johnathon Taylor Thomas and Dieter Brummer. Now days I read Empire of course, and I love home decorating magazines, and less and less with the fashion mags although I will gladly accept my sister’s hand-me-downs.
6. Going out for Breakfast. Going out for breakfast makes me happy. I usually order scrummy pancakes and a coffee. But the best part? Taking our time and getting lost in coversation. Its such a great start to a day.
7. Stationery. Ok this may be my geekiest confession yet but I have this thing for stationery.Notebooks, pens, folders… Now of course I really love the kikki k and paper lantern and funky stuff like that, but I have also been known to get excited about the officeworks catalogue.
8. Really really good television. And the advent of TV on DVD. The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Battlestar Galactica. All mine to revisit whenever I chose. And really really addictive. Joe and I used to love a lazy Sunday and a season of Scrubs. Just one more you tell yourself. Hours later…
9. Chocolate. No explanation needed really.
10. My ipod. I can barely believe that once upon a time I used to have to change CDs to listen to a different song. Harder still to imagine the work I used to put in to compiling mixtapes for my walkman. Now I just charge and sync and away I go.
And that’s it! 10 things that make me happy. I’m not going to pass it on to 10 others though, but I will give the award to Sarah in the hope that she gets her talented self back to blogging pronto. I would also give it to Felix but I’m pretty sure her blog has been abandoned.