Image via pinterest
For the first Thankful Thursday of 2012 I thought I’d write about all the things I am thankful for from last year. Possibly, this should have been last week’s Thankful Thursday, but I was still in holiday mode and didn’t end up posting at all.
What I am thankful for from 2011
– moving from a 2 bedroom flat to a 3 bedroom house, having more space is wonderful.
– renting, which allows me to narrow down further what my dream home needs to include when we do buy.
– being a stay at home mum to my two beautiful children.
– watching my three year old turn four. Watching him grow and change and communicate more clearly. Watching his pride in himself as he recognised words and realised he was reading. Watching him at pre-school orientation as he fell in love with the place.
– watching my baby grow and change and turn one. Watching her go from sitting to crawling to walking to running, her cheeky smile growing along with her.
– watching my two kids love each other. My heart melts.
– a supportive husband who works to provide for us financially, who is a great father, and who makes it clear even after being together for eight years, he’s crazy about me.
– AIM – an online e-course which was the catalyst for a lot of change within.
– that people who I care about who were not OK, spoke up and sought the help they needed.
– actually getting to read a couple of novels.
– for the first time ever, getting a lap-top of my very own. And what’s more it’s a mac ♥.
– blogging, a much needed outlet for me, and a source of connection with some fabulous people.
– every single comment I got on this little old blog. Thank you.
– a chance to see an old friend we hadn’t seen in ages.
– watching another friend start to pursue her dreams. Can’t wait to see what 2012 has in store for you Shelly.
– the wonderful news that another friend had welcomed a baby girl into her family.
– I might not have gotten to the cinema, but I did get to see a few good films at home snuggled up with Joe. Bliss.
– My parents, my siblings, my nieces and nephews. Love you all.
– Another fabulous album from my favourite band of all time, the Foo Fighters.
– That little W. got into the pre-school we wanted.
– so many little moments where I realised I really am so, so lucky. And happy.
– all the love in my life.
Linking up with Kate Says Stuff for Thankful Thursday. Click through to link up and share your gratitude, or check out what some other really awesome people are thankful for today.
Also linking this one up to Maxabella loves... What I’m grateful for. She has some exciting news over there! Go see!